Citizenship and Naturalization

Do you want to be a citizen of the United States?

This is the main objective of many immigrants and relatives of American citizens, the process can be long and difficult. But an immigration attorney can help make it easier.

At the Law Office of Valdez, Monarrez & San Miguel we can help you obtain your citizenship or naturalization . We can help children of American citizens born out of the country to apply for their citizenship or permanent residents of the United States with the naturalization process.

Who can be a naturalized citizen of the United States?

Do you want to apply for the naturalization process?

You must meet the following 5 requirements:

  1. Permanent Resident . You must be a permanent resident for at least 5 years. If you are married to a US citizen, only 3 years should pass with your permanent residence.
  2. Physical Presence . You must have been in the United States for at least two and a half years to apply.
  3. Moral Character . You must present a good record as a permanent resident. This requirement can be complicated for those who have been convicted of a serious crime. If you have been sentenced for a felony, you must notify your immigration attorney before applying for the naturalization process.
  4. You must show that you can read, write and speak English . There are exceptions for older adults who have lived in the country for at least 15 years.
  5. Naturalization Test . You must pass the United States citizenship test based on the country’s history.

Free Appointment CALL 1-866-66-VAMOS